Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lumpia


2 lbs ground pork
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/2 lemon (juice only)
2 carrots, grated
3 eggs
1 tsp salt
pinch of pepper
1 small onion
cabbage, diced finely
Lumpia wrappers (found in Asian stores)

Mix together pork, celery, lemon juice, carrots, eggs, and seasons. Cut wrapper in half, place small amount in each wrapper. Fold in edges and foll it. Fry in oil or deep fat fryer, about 5-10 minutes or until brown.

Dipping Sauce
1 can pineapple juice
2 TBS sugar
dash of pepper
2 TBS flour
2 TBS vinegar
ketchup (enough to make sauce red, I use 2-3 TBS)

Heat sauce and bring to boil Boil until thick.

1 comment:

  1. I got a chance to make these today and they were really good.

    I had to go to an Asian Food store to find the wrappers. I halved the recipe and it made about 20 lumpias and took about 1 hour to prepare and then 15 minutes to cook. Very fun if you have the time.

    They freeze pretty well, but freeze them before cooking and then cook as directed when you'd like to eat them later.

    The sauce wasn't quite what I was expecting. I really didn't know how much ketchup to put and probably put too much.

    ReplyDelete