Thursday, January 7, 2010

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

This one still hits the spot for me. After my surgery a few years ago Mom made it for me and I was in heaven. Nothing like chicken noodle. Sorry half the directions are kind of vague.

*Makes a large pot of soup, for Crystal's family 1/2 recipe was plenty.

Soup:
chicken broth (enough to make the amount of soup you want)
chicken, cubed (desired amount for your soup)
carrots, celery, other desired veggies (desired amount for soup, optional)

Noodles:
2 cups flour(divided)
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
4 TBS milk

1. Cook chicken and veggies in boiling chicken broth.

2. While chicken and veggies are cooking prepare noodles as follows: Mix flour, eggs, salt, and milk. Roll out to noodle width (1/8 - 1/4 inch). When chicken and veggies are fully cook, add noodles to boiling water gradually (use hand and try and loosely separate noodles with fingers as adding to water). Cook noodles for 10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I've made this twice, but each time the noodles were way too big. I just couldn't cut them thin enough. Any advice? Do they expand when cooked?

    ReplyDelete