Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hancock Chili

I got this recipe from Dad. I love how he gives recipes...you know, a little of this, a little of that, so hopefully I got this right. If you have any questions, ask Dad. It's turned out pretty good the few times I made it. A Halloween tradition in the Hancock home.

1 lb ground beef
1 onion
1 clove garlic or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 - 1 green pepper

Cook beef. Meanwhile chop vegetables. Drain grease from beef. Add vegetables and saute until somewhat tender.

20 oz tomato sauce (2 - 10 oz cans)
10 oz water (use the empty tomato sauce can)
2 cans beans (Kidney or other kind you may like)
2 TBS Chili Powder
2 Bay Leaves

Cook for 1-1 1/2 hrs if preparing on stove or for several hours (6-8) if preparing in crock pot.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this one. Is there a recipe for the cornbread to go along with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I found the recipe for Crystal's cornbread, but where's the authentic one?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually don't think Mom and Dad even have it. I know when we moved to Virginia they were trying different recipes because the old one was on the kind of corn meal they used in Utah or something. I guess we should ask Mom and Dad about this one.

    ReplyDelete