Thursday, October 29, 2009

German Pancakes

We used to have these once in awhile growing up. This recipe I found in Better Home and Gardens. They call them Puffed-Oven Pancakes (how silly).

2 Tbsp butter
3 eggs
1/2 flour
1/2 milk
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat Oven to 400 degrees. While preheating put butter into 10-inch ovenproof skillet (I just use my 8X8 pan and it works great) and put pan in oven to allow butter to melt.

In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with whisk or electric mixer until smooth. Add flour, milk, and salt and mix again until smooth. Remove hot skillet from oven and add batter to butter. No stiring is necessary. Bake 20-25 minutes or until pancakes are puffed and well browned.

Serve topped with your favorite pancake toppings. This recipe makes 2-3 servings.

1 comment:

  1. Das pankaken ist sehr gut! Seriously, I love German pancakes. I'm going to have to make these soon.

    ReplyDelete