Friday, February 5, 2010

Crystal's Beef Stroganoff


This one is a Crystal original. I have to brag a little. I made it last night and I was in heaven. I love stroganoff anyway, but last night it was to die for! The pictures shown do not include mushrooms. It's better with mushrooms, but you can also make it without.

Ingredients:

1 lb Beef (Steak, round steak, or stew meat)
2 TBS flour (with dash of salt and pepper)
1 onion
1 TBS olive oil
1 - 1 1/2 cup sour cream
4 ounces mushrooms, sliced (not pictured)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 beef bullion cube (or 1 tsp bullion)
3/4 cup hot water
white sauce: 2 TBS flour, 2 TBS butter, 1 cup milk (not pictured)
1/4 tsp garlic powder (or 1 clove garlic)
Egg noodles

Directions:
Chop onion and garlic (if using fresh) and saute in olive oil in large pan on medium heat. While onion is cooking slice beef into small chunks (if not already) and coat with flour.

Add beef to pan and brown (not cook, just brown). Remove onions and beef mixture from pan and set aside.


Prepare white sauce. Add flour and butter to pan and mix.

Add milk and while stirring constantly (try to get all the lumps mixed in) heat sauce to boiling. Reduce to lower heat and simmer 1 minute.

Start preparing noodles at this point.

Dissolve bullion into water and add broth to pan. Add salt, pepper, and mushrooms. Return beef and onion to pan.

Simmer sauce for 10-15 minutes. Add sour cream.

Heat to simmering again and simmer until desired constituency (about 5 minutes). Serve over eggs noodles.

1 comment:

  1. I made this last night. It was delicious (lots of leftovers so I'm having it again tonight). You know I always hated mushrooms when I was little, but they've been growning on me (not literally). I used brown mushrooms and they were the best part! They really soaked in the flavor. I didn't have any beef bullion, but I used some worcestershire sauce to beef up the flavor. Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete