Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hooray for holiday baking! I love this time of year. It's going to be a little bit trickier this year to make food I can enjoy since I can't have milk, but so far so good. With only slight changes I was able to make these beauties milk-free. This is based on a recipe I found online somewhere last year.


Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp milk or non-dairy milk
1 cup pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cooking oil
1 egg
1 TBS vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips (I used non-dairy chips)

Directions:
Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt ingredients in large mixing bowl. In medium bowl combine baking soda and milk. Mix together. Add pumpkin, sugar, oil, and egg and mix. Dump pumpkin mixture into flour and stir together until completely mixed in. Add vanilla. Mix. Add chocolate chips and mix. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

Note: dairy-free chips are not difficult (or expensive) to find. Check labels. I found that the Kroger's store-brand chips are milk-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment