Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mom's Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies are my mother-in-laws specialty. They are simple and turn out making very soft yummy cookies. These and no-bake cookies are my husband's favorites. Occasionally I throw him off by making another kind, but these always get 5 stars.

Note: One thing I really love about this recipe is that I can use a 1/2 cup measuring cup and a 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon and that's it! I love to cook, but I hate dishes, so anyway to avoid them is a wonderful.

Ingredients:
1 cube (1/2 cup) margarine
1 cup pack brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Cream together margarine and both sugars. Add eggs and mix until smooth. Mix in soda, salt, and vanilla. Stir in flour (1/2 cup at a time) to make a stiff, not sticky dough. Add chocolate chips. Place on cookie sheet and back at 375 degrees for 9-12 minutes, or until golden brown.

Tip: I'm not sure if it's in my head or actually the case but these cookies seem to turn out better when mixed by hand instead of using hand mixer.

No comments:

Post a Comment