Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Peanut Butter Cheesecake

I got this recipe from an old neighbor Thad Call that lived below me when Ryan and I were dating. He was a pretty good cook, but this cheesecake I can't stop craving right now. I haven't made it yet, so hopefully it'll turn out as good as his did. Let me know if you try it and how it goes.

Crust:
1 1/4 c. vanilla wafer crumbs
1/4 c. cocoa
1/4 c. powdered sugar
1/4 c. butter flavored Crisco
1/3 c. peanut butter chips, chopped

Filling:
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 c. peanut butter chips
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 c. real whipping cream

Prepare Crust: Combine crumbs, cocoa, powdered sugar and Crisco. Stir in chopped peanut butter chips. Press into 9-inch spring-form pan. (Or go the easy way and just buy a pre-made graham cracker crust from the store instead.)

Filling: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon juice until light and fluffy. In a saucepan mix peanut butter chips and sweetened condensed milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Add to cream cheese mixture. Whip the whipping cream until stiff. Fold into peanut butter mixture. Pour in crust. Chill several hours.

1 comment:

  1. So good! It ended up being a fairly expensive cheesecake to make, so next time I want it I'll make sure to be on the lookout for sales.

    The crust turned out really good, but it took a long time to make, so I may just buy a pre-made one next time. The filling is amazing!

    ReplyDelete